Sunday, July 22, 2012

Photostory

Funfunfunfun!  I was so excited to do this project!  As soon as we learned Photostory I knew exactly what book/music/words I wanted to do!  I don't like the way the quality of the photos or sound turned out, but it's something to work on  I just loooove this tool!  Personally I can think of so many ways to use it and want to have my sons try it out to make a story about something we did this summer.  I'm sure my 5 year old will include the words "pee" and "poo" as much as possible bu that's besides the point.  I think this is the new "book talk".  For a specific book or a specific genre, if you made a movie for the students to watch instead of listening to you while you're holding a book it would be so much more engaging!  It's also something they could use on their own to create a biography or historical timeline, or any number or social studies/ELA projects.  It could be used to make instructional videos for library tasks, using humor, like, this is where I go to find encyclopedias, where can I find magazines. or especially for classroom routines, like, how do I return a book?  When students "forget" these tasks you can pull it out to remind them and they'd like it much better then a lecture on the rules.  I do think this is something that has many uses I haven't even thought of yet (because my tired brain is on summer course overload...)

No comments:

Post a Comment